These have the $120 option of 1/4 inch longer spindles, to help with clearance and fit issues for many riders! MSRP on the pedals is $200, plus $120 for the spindles = total original cost of $320!
The use of the stainless steel axle for weight savings, durability and value combined with the brilliant Zero pedal design make this one of our most popular offerings from Speedplay. The choice of many, many riders and staff alike, they offer a simple and proven design that is durable and reliable. Great choice for any enthusiast or racer.
The Speedplay Zero Pedal System introduces a unique concept in pedal design that allows you to choose either a fixed position or up to 15 degrees of float using the same cleat. Zero pedals maintain the traditional feel of a fixed system while incorporating all the well-known advantages of Speedplay X Pedal Systems. Dual-sided Zero pedals offer light weight, easy engagement and disengagement.
A low 11.5mm stack height provides superior cornering clearance. And stack height is only 8.5mm if you get a 4-hole Speedplay specific shoe plus Speedplay pedals have a very aerodynamically low profile making them a Pro Tour favorite. The engagement mechanism does not rely on spring tension for retention, so you don't have to crank down a tension adjuster just to prevent inadvertent release. Best of all, the float is easily adjusted with a screwdriver from zero to 15 degrees and the inward and outward float is independently adjustable for a custom-tuned feel. Several colors to choose from.
Condition: Bearings are super smooth with only a tiny amount of play (not noticeable on bike). Pedals have some marks on spindles and body from use, but still look nice.
- 206 grams pedal weight
- 105 gram Zero cleat weight (not included)
- Dual-sided for easy, no-look engagement
- Unbeatable 37 degree cornering clearance
- Standard step-in, turn-out entry and release
- Built-in grease gun port for easy bearing lubrication
- Large contact area, extremely stable cleat-to-shoe connection
- Compatible with virtually all 3-hole and 4-hole shoe mountings
- 11.5 mm stack height for optimal power transfer (8.5mm on a 4-hole mount)
- Engagement security is independent of spring tension
- Fixed or limited float that can be set from 0-15 degrees
- Low, aero profile