NOS Early Formula Disc Brake Caliper & Lever Lot: Red w/ grey Decals - Vintage 1980's / 1990's
Here's the last parts from the pile of NOS Formula parts I had! This model might be their first one from 1987, which was the world's first mtb hydraulic disc brake (details HERE, don't read the dumpster fire comments). These appear to be identical to the 1987 "Formula" model, with the exception of a different decal on the front side.
New old stock, with shop wear. I found these in a bike shop's back room, in a box full of various never sold brakes. Since they were in there loose, they've acquired some scratches and decal wear here and there. The insides of the bar clamps show ZERO ano wear, and the brake pads show no use, giving me confidence these are in fact NOS.
- Left lever with hose attached to caliper missing bolt that holds it together
- Left lever with hose attached to only outer half of caliper
- Complete calipers with pads and mounting bolts (2)
- Caliper missing bleed port (1)
- Right lever (2)
- Left lever (1)
- Spare banjo bolt and cover