Colnago Super Pista Track Bike: 54.5cm - Pantograph Campagnolo Record w/ Con Denti - Original Paint - Ambrosio Montreal - Vintage 1970's
Top tier Italian track bike from the 1970's! The Super Pista shares a lot of design characteristics with the road Super/Mexico frames, and going by the timeline for the road frames this matches up to ~1974 or earlier. The frame number on the driveside dropout is 149 (another on the web is number 1). It features very tight tire clearances both front and rear, and has shorter than average dropouts. Tubing is likely Columbus SP, possibly SL. This is a serious racing machine, and a rare one at that.
The build is Record across the board. The pedals are rare 1960's Record Con Denti (with teeth) pista pedals in near mint condition. Rims are ultralight Ambrosio Montreal Durex, the post is pantographed with Italian flag painted flutes. Old logo Cinelli 1A topped with an early Unicantor.
Great to excellent used condition, with . Original paint and decals look wonderful overall with some blemishes here and there. ZERO dents, bends, cracks, rust. It's not quite show bike condition, but it's not far off. The most obvious paint blemish is a big chip on the fork crown. Otherwise it's standard tiny chips and scratches here and there. Decals are near perfect.
The components are also near mint primarily with nothing noteworthy. Chain/chainring/cog show minimal wear. Tires show minimal tread wear but sidewalls are dry and stringy. Saddle and bar tape clean.
- Frame number: 149
- Seat tube: 54.5cm (c-t)
- Top tube: 54.5cm
- Head tube: 138mm
- Chainstays:~400cm (to center of dropout)
- Tubing: Columbus SP lugged steel
- Wheelset: Ambrosio Montreal Durex tubular rims, Record high flange 36H hubs, Clement tires
- Crankset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record Pista - 165mm x 48t
- Cog: Record 14t
- Pedals: Campagnolo Record Con Denti Pista 1038/1, Binda straps, Christophe clips
- Headset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
- Seatpost: Campagnolo Nuovo Record 2 Bolt w/ Painted flutes and pantograph
- Saddle: Unicantor: Buffalo leather, padded, CINELLI legend on rear
- Stem: Cinelli 1A old logo
- Bars: Cinelli Pista 67-39 w/ Campy end plugs