Chas Roberts Track Bike: 55cm - FULL Campagnolo Record - Reynolds 531 - Rare Unicantor - 1980's - Original Paint (Show Condition)
Handbuilt custom track bike from England! This lovely machine is built with a full Campagnolo Record / Nuovo Record gruppo, Fiamme rims, Cinelli cockpit, and a rare Unicantor Mod 75 #3 padded Buffalo saddle. Tubing is Reynolds 531, hooked together with nicely filed lugs. Original paint/decals.
Roberts Cycles represents three people, Charles Roberts who ran the business until he died in 1979, Charles's son Chas Roberts who ran it until 2015 when the business closed, and Geoff Roberts who built frames alongside his father and brother.
Near mint mostly show worthy condition! It passes for brand new easily from 3 feet. Up close you'll notice a tiny paint blemish on the top tube just behind the head lug's top tang, and a few spots of edge wear on the wrap over seat stay caps. Once your hands are on the frame, you'll notice a dent in the front of the seat tube, that's been covered up with an oval Campagnolo sticker. It's a thumb sized dent, a few mm's deep. Luckily with the Campagnolo sticker it is completely invisible to the eye, but it feels like a flat spot. Not a structural or safety issue, and not impacting the surrounding paint. Unknown cause.
The components are also near mint primarily with nothing noteworthy. Chain/chainring/cog show minimal wear. Tires are 30 years old but show minimal tread wear and are fairly supple. Saddle and bar tape clean.
- Frame number: 21270 (indicates early to mid 1980's build)
- Weight complete w/ pedals: 18.8 pounds
- Seat tube: 54cm (c-t)
- Top tube: 55.5cm
- Head tube:125mm
- Chainstays:~405cm (to center of dropout)
- Wheelset: Fiamme red label tubular rims, Record high flange 36H hubs, Deda skinwall tires
- Crankset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record Pista - 165mm x 50t
- Cog: Campagnolo Record 16t
- Pedals: Campagnolo Record pista w/ alfredo Binda straps & Christophe clips
- Headset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
- Seatpost: Campagnolo Nuovo Record 2 Bolt - 27.2mm
- Saddle: Unicantor Mod 75 #3: Brown Buffalo leather, padded, CINELLI legend in block letters on rear