1992 Spectrum Cycles / Tom Kellogg Road Bike: 64cm x 59cm - NEW Joe Bell Resto & NOS Parts - PURPLE & White - Record / DA 10sp - Henry James Dogbone
- We have never had "models." All of our frames have been custom made for individuals, so there really isn't any point.
- That fork crown is actually an investment cast crown, made by Henry James when he was still in business. He used to call it a "Dog Bone" design. We just used up our last one a few weeks ago.
- The frame was originally made for a gentleman in Philadelphia ordered in May of '91 and delivered in March of '92. The original color was what we call Porsche Red. The original DuPont paint code is 29198.
- Frame tubes - Ishiwata "022" except for the top tube which is "024" (022 was analogous to Columbus SL and 024 was like Columbus SP)
- Fork blades - Columbus "SL"
- Bottom bracket, lugs and fork crown - Henry James
- Dropouts - Shimano "EF"
- Dropouts and seat stay caps are bronze brazed and everything else is silver soldered (45% silver w/cad)"
- Frame number: 91.583 - 20.35
- Seat tube length (center to top of top tube) - 64.5cm
- Top tube length (center to center) - 59cm
- Seat angle - 72.0 degrees
- Head angle - 73.5 degrees
- Fork rake - 43mm
- Chain stay length (center to dropout tip) - 410
- Frame drop - 66.7
This bicycle is for all intensive purposes as brand new as you can get save a few used parts. The frame was restored by Joe Bell in June of 2020 and built up shortly after, and has zero miles since. Paint and frame are ABSOLUTELY pristine. I searched it over in my photo studio lighting and found literally zero marks. Not even a touch of cable rub, as the previous owner had a towel between the cables and the frame. As it was restored by Joe bell, you can be assured this frame is arrow straight and dent/damage/rust/blemish free. The vast majority of the parts used to build it are brand new with zero miles, along with a handful with under 200 miles and only one actually "used" part.
Components (see parenthesis for condition notes)
- Campy Record HS7-RE headset, threaded 1" circa ~2000's (NOS)
- Campagnolo Record 10 alloy crank 180mm 53/39 (probably 50 miles max)
- Campy Chorus square taper 10s BB (NOS)
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record Grey cables and housing (NOS)
- Campy Super Record brake levers: circa 1978, they have kind of an amber sheen to the clear anodizing which looks cool. The hoods are darkened but still supple and no tears (appear almost NOS, one tiny scratch only)
- Campagnolo Super Record 3-hole front derailleur circa 1980's (NOS)
- Dura Ace 9-speed barcons set for friction mated to 10s cassette (NOS)
- KMC Gold chain, 10s (NEW)
- Silca color matched pump (paint by Joe Bell) with a Campy head (new production, unused)
- Cinelli 120mm 1A stem: modern w/ laser etched logo (NEW)
- American Classic seatpost (NOS)
- Fizi-K tacki bar tape (NEW)
- Ultegra cs-6700 10-speed cassette 12/30t (20 miles)
- Wheels Dura Ace 7700 32 hole hubs, Mavic Open Pro SUP rims built by Wheelsmith (maybe 200 miles, near mint except QR end scrape and decals peeling)
- Vittoria Zaffiro tires 700 x 25 (20 miles, still have nibs)
- Cinelli 66-44 bars non-groove (very lightly used, only a few light scratches visible)
- Dura Ace 7800 brakes (maybe 200 miles, almost mint)
- Dura Ace 7900 rear derailleur (maybe 200 miles, almost mint with just a few pinpoint ano marks)
- Sella Itallia Turbo Bernard Hinault saddle (lightly used, excellent+ shape)