1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport Jr: 24" Wheels - COMPLETELY STOCK Survivor - XT Deerhead - Saturae - Suntour AR Mech
This lil mountain machine is one of the few small/xs early Stumpjumpers Mike Sinyard put out. While most from the early to mid 1980's had 26" wheels and 19" or bigger frames, this one uses 24 inch wheels on a 17" frame. It was a "barn find" of sorts, and is COMPLETELY original. These are the parts that came on the bike from the factory, down to the chain, brake pads, cables, giant Suntour dork disk, and Tomaselli grips & red end plugs. Absolutely nothing on it has been replaced (or needs replacing)
This would be a lovely bike for very small riders, or kids who need a solid machine that's capable of shredding or touring. It would also look great hanging from a ceiling in your bike shop or coffee house as a curiosity of the mtb world. It has full rack and fender mounts, possibilities for commuter, touring, gravel adventure bike.
This is a very extra small bicycle. It runs 24" wheels front and rear on a tiny frame. Best I can guess is this would fit riders under 5ft tall.
- Standover height: 27"
- Wheelbase: 105mm
- Top tube: 21.5" (Specialized spec'd the super short "golf putter" stem they used on 1981 and 1982 Stumpys and 4" high riser bars to make this seemingly long top tube not actually that long)
- Seat tube: 17" (c-c)
Excellent all original survivor shape! It seems it's been ridden very few miles, though it has little bits of wear from sitting around. The frame has ZERO dents, cracks, serious scrapes, bends, or other damage. Paint overall is glossy and clear, with just a few spots of wear. All original decals are mint to near perfect, with the exception of the non-drive side downtube logo having slight wear, and the "S" in Sport slightly peellng.
All wear items show minimal miles and have lots of life left. Cables/housing are flexible and not dried out, good to go. Tires have almost their entire knob life. Tread is not dry/cracked at all, sidewalls are just slightly dry (safe to ride lightly, should be upgraded to modern tires to ride seriously). Grips are in excellent shape, not dry or torn. Drivetrain and brake components look amazing. All bearings are smooth.
- Serial number: ES420785
- Tubing: Lugged "Special Series TOURING Chro-Moly" frame, probably by Miyata, of exceedingly fine craftsmanship.
- Fork: Specialized Biplane
- Wheelset: Saturae satin finish rims, on Specialized sealed bearing bolt on hubs
- Rear Derailleur: Suntour AR II Tech (Pristine!)
- Front derailleur: Suntour AG Tech
- Crankset: Sugino AT mountain triple
- Shifters: Suntour LD-2800 thumb shifters
- Bottom Bracket: Tange
- Brakeset: Shimano Deore XT Deer Head BR-M700 / BL-M700
- Headset: Specialized sealed
- Stem: Specialized putter stem
- Handlebars: Specialized riser bars
- Grips & bar ends: Tommaselli
- Cassette: Suntour Perfect 5-speed
- Saddle: Avocet Touring 1
- Seatpost: LaPrade fluted
- Tires: Specialized Tri-cross 24x1.5"
- Pedals: Shimano PD-MX15 (near mint!)
- Pannier rack: Jim Blackburn