1984 Masi Gran Criterium Show Bike: 55cm - FULL Super Record - Mavic G40 - Original Red Paint/Decals/Parts (Almost NOS LOW MILES)
Local pickup price in Portland is $2200
This nearly unridden time capsule is a 1984 Masi Gran Criterium, frame number 4077, size 55cm built in the San Marcos, California Masi factory. With it's bold red paint, gold Benotto tape and yellow housing, it's a slightly newer almost replica of the Masi GC Dave Stoller rode in the 1979 film Breaking Away. It is COMPLETELY original as it came from the factory, and unrestored. All the Campy SR parts are date code 1984, and it has the Regina CX/CX-S freewheel & chain that often came with Super Record gruppos of the era. It has been ridden VERY few miles, and is as close to New Old Stock as you're likely to find.
There are a couple extra cool points here. The Campagnolo name on the brake calipers have been filled in red (just like the Cobalto brakes were filled in blue). The Benotto cello bar tape is finished off with matching gold Campagnolo end plugs. The Concor saddle is a special textured leather that looks somewhere between buffalo leather and what they called Rino.
Nearly pristine! Overall the paint and decals are glossy and free of any sort of scratching! Passes for new with the exception of two flaws on the frame; 1) 3mm chip on the driveside seat stay at the bridge, and 2) 6mm chip on bottom of non-drive chainstay. The components are almost as pristine. The brake lever hoods are dry, the lever blades have some scratching, the crank arm ends each have a couple VERY small marks, the saddle has some rear corner wear, and the brakes have a bit of dirt/grease/marks around the hardware. Mostly mint otherwise. It has been professionally tuned up and is ready to ride or show.
- Frame numbers on BB shell: Serial number of 4077 & size marking M55
- Seat tube: 54.5cm (c-t)
- Top tube: 55cm
- Head tube: 123mm
- Chainstays: ~417mm
- Standover: 80cm
- Complete bike weight: 20.7 pounds as photographed
- Campagnolo Super Record crankset/BB, derailleurs, brakes/levers, headset, hubs, shifters, seatpost
- Crankset: 172.5mm, 53/42t
- Freewheel: Regina CX/CX-S 6sp 13-21t w/ Regina CX chain
- Rims: Mavic G 40 cincher, hard anodized, 700c x 36H
- Tires: Continental Supersport Ultra 700x20c
- Saddle: San Marco Concor Surpercorsa buffalo
- Stem: Cinelli 1R in black, 110mm
- Handlebars: Cinelli 42cm