1976 Colnago Super: Fresh Pro Restoration Zero Miles - ORIGINAL - 56cm - Pantograph - FULL Nuovo Record - Rare Unica - - Brown/Yellow
Local pickup price $1400! Only available in Fort Collins until June 15
Exceptionally well restored 1970's Colnago Super racing bicycle! It has zero miles since the frame restoration which was done in Italy before a US collector acquired it. ALL of the components are the original stock parts which have light miles on them (with the exception of brand new Cello tape. A highlight is the Unicanitor Mod 65 suede covered saddle with CINELLI on the rear in block letters, a VERY rare version of the Unica. It features some lovely Colnago factory pantographing, including a Mexico style chainring, milled and painted seatpost, 3ttt stem, and old logo and Italian flag diamond brake levers. The clamps for the toe straps feature the old Colnago logo.
The frame dates to 1976. The rear derailleur is stamped Patent 1976, and the rest of the Campy NR components that are undated are original (and match this period). The frame number on the driveside dropout is unreadable, but the following features solidly identify it as 1976 build date: Fork crown is non-recessed bolt, and features "COLNAGO" along with the club, a feature they added in 1976. The back of the crown is solid with no cutouts, whereas starting 1977 there were shallow triangles on the back. Diagonal Worlds band added behind black Club/COLNAGO head tube decal and vertical COLNAGO seat tube decal with single diagonal Worlds band at top were both added in 1975 and ran for a few years. (source)
- Seat tube: 56.5cm (center to top of seat tube)
- Top tube: 56cm
- Head tube: 139mm
Unridden since restoration, lovely show bike condition. Frame is almost completely pristine, with the ONLY blemishes being two long paint chips on the seat tube, non driveside, under FD clamp (from storage), and two chips on the seat binder tabs. Paint is glossy and free of microscratches! Decals are pristine.
The components overall are mostly near mint. All Campy parts, wheels, saddle, bars/stem are near mint with minimal blemishes. Hoods are supple and clean, with only the slightest worn spots on bottom edges.
- Nuovo Record derailleurs (Patent 76), headset, brakeset & levers, shifters, Crankset/BB, 2-bolt seatpost, pedals, hubs/skewers
- Colnago logo toe straps w/ Christophe clips
- Wheelset: 36H Campagnolo Record low flange / Monthlery Route Chrome Tubular
- Crankset/BB: Super Record non-fluted 170mm - 53/42t - 11 rectangle date stamp - Ernesto Colnago Mexico panto ring
- Freewheel: Regina Oro 6 speed - gold drilled
- Seatpost: Nuovo Record fluted & pantographed red/green/white Italian flag - 27.2mm
- Saddle: CINELLI Unica-Cantor Mod 65 - rear bold Cinelli name - leather covered - no padding (RARE!)
- Stem: 3ttt Record Colnago pantograph
- Bars: 3ttt Mod Competizione, Benotto Cello rose gold handlebar tape
- Tires: Pneudan Sport 67 tubular: 700c / 28"
- Rear spacing: 126mm
- Tubing: Columbus SL lugged steel