1950's Specialties T.A. 6-Bolt Chainring: 49t x 152mm Massed Start REF 106 - Old Logo!
This is a 1940's or 1950's Specialties T.A. chainring, as identified from the presence of TA's old logo. One of the logos is a small chainring shape, the other is stamped "cegedur duralumin forge"; Cegedur being the manufacturer associated with this alloy, and duralumin forge refers to this particular alloy, which was among the first hardened alloys available. This logo was used in the late 1940's and 1950's. The new more familiar TA logo with the large vertical "TA" with a chainring started in about 1960, with the introduction of their Criterium crank (the material was switched to Dural Forge at this time).
This tough to find 6-pin pista chainring, to fit on a "professional" adapter. The adapters were either REF. 173 for 3 bolt crank arms, or REF. 175 for 5 bolt cranks. This is the Ref 106 model, identified by the countersunk chainring bolt holes (the 104 was identical but without countersinks). The purpose of this was to allow for easy chainring switches without removing pedals, as this was in the 1960's when most TA chainrings had too small an opening to fit over pedals (like the Pro 5 Vis rings).
Excellent lightly used shape. Teeth show minimal wear. Light scratches throughout.
- BCD: 6 bolt, 152mm